Saab Lifetime Replacement Parts and Labor Limited Warranty
Parts for Life Coverage
Terms and Conditions
September 19, 2017
Orio North America, Inc. (“Orio”) located at (”Orio”) extends this Saab Lifetime Replacement Parts and Labor Limited Warranty coverage for the life of Owner’s vehicle (“Parts for Life Coverage”) exclusively to retail consumers in the U.S. and Canada (“Owner” or “Customer”) who purchase an Orio sourced defective Saab Original part from a Saab Official Service Center on or after September 19, 2017 (“Covered Part”). Parts for Life Coverage covers defects in materials and workmanship of Saab original parts for the life of Owner’s vehicle (“Warranty Period”). Parts for Life Coverage does not extend to any subsequent owner or other transferee of the Owner’s vehicle. In the event an Owner’s vehicle is sold, the part’s remaining original limited warranty (3 years/36,000 miles, whichever occurs first), if any, remains in place. Subject to the limitations described in this Limited Warranty, with respect to any defective Covered Part during the Warranty Period, Orio will, in it’s sole discretion, either: (a) repair or replace such Covered Part, including Orio approved labor and installation costs, free of charge, or (b) refund the purchase price of the Covered Part. Alternative transportation costs incurred by a Customer while their vehicle is awaiting repair is not an eligible expense. If a Covered Part is replaced and its failure directly caused the failure of a non-covered part, the non-covered part is also eligible for Parts for Life Coverage. If the Saab Original part is discontinued and no alternative Orio part is available, at the sole discretion of Orio, an aftermarket alternative may be used. If necessary, subsequent replacement of the aftermarket part will be administered solely by the aftermarket source and not Orio. If no aftermarket part is available, Orio shall reimburse Customer for the cost of the original defective part plus its installation. Parts for Life Coverage claims are subject to verification of Customer submitted data and receipt of their Parts for Life Certificate (as described below), inspections, return of parts for testing and audit. Orio reserves the right to reject claims when a manufacturing or material defect is not apparent.
Parts for Life Coverage does not include coverage for any damage to a part due to:
1) Failure to properly maintain the vehicle, including but not limited to conducting regularly scheduled maintenance of the vehicle
2) Failure of the part due to another vehicle part or component
3) Part determined to be repairable
4) Misuse and/or abuse of Owner’s vehicle or the part, including but not limited to unauthorized repairs of the vehicle
5) Failure of the part due to normal wear and tear
6) Damage caused by transportation or improper handling/storage by Customer
7) Modification of parts
8) Parts incorrectly ordered by Customer
9) Improper fitment or repair method elected by Customer
10)External causes such as collisions, or other actions or events beyond Orio’s reasonable control
11)The following are not eligible for Parts for Life Coverage: batteries, fuses, belts, brake pads, brake linings, bulbs, clutch lining, service items including filters, floor mats, brake discs, caliper, hoses, spark plugs, timing belts, wiper blades, fluids, chemicals, cable, handbrake, wheel screws/nuts and tires.
Warranty Claim Procedure
1) Customer visits www.partsforlife.com/claims and completes necessary information to receive a Certificate confirming coverage for the Covered Part;
2) Owner returns to OSC that installed the defective Covered Part and provides receipt or copy of receipt and the Parts for Life Certificate for the defective part and its installation; a. If the OSC that installed the original repair or service is no longer an OSC, please call 800-955-9007 or email our Customer Service Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Upon request, present Owner’s properly completed Service Record Booklet confirming Owner has performed scheduled and necessary non-scheduled maintenance in a timely manner; Orio reserves the right to change or terminate the availability of Parts for Life Coverage in its sole discretion; any such changes or termination will not be retroactive. If you have questions regarding Parts for Life Coverage, call 800-955-9007 or email our Customer Service Department at email@example.com during the Warranty Period.